Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Management Binder


I don't know about you but when I know where everything is I feel at peace. Today I would like to show you my HOME MANAGEMENT BINDER. In our home there is chaos and confusion at times and this binder has been a life saver! Within mine I have a few sections:
1. Calender- When you open the binder the first thing you see is a calender I made and printed out. The calender has dates that our bills are due, birthdays, events and any other pertinent info that we will need accessible at a moments notice. Obviously the current month is first and I have each month through the rest of the year, this way I can add something months ahead of time easily :)
2. Current week- The first Category is for our current week. I have our menu plan, my daily schedule and any important papers I may need associated with the day right there.
3. Chore chart- Next I have chore charts printed and ready for use. The top one is for the current week. My older daughter knows that when she has had a good week of behavior and chores she gets a reward so she is all to eager to make sure everything is done.
4. Upcoming week- basically the same as current week except they are printed copies. This way if something comes up I can add it ahead of time.
5. School- I keep information from my daughters school schedules here along with permission slips, party schedules, PTO information etc.
6. Cleaning- I have a weekly guide that I can look at to make sure our home is tidy and orderly. I know that each area is cleaned every week because I can simply check it off! I don't get everything done every week. Other things come up especially being with my family but this way I know what was done and what needs to be done. I also have a list of home maintenance broken down so that is can be done quarterly. These are things that need to be done but we wouldn't remember to do them unless there was a list.
7. Finances- This is the biggest category the first page is or current monthes weekly budget with a breakdown of incoming and outgoing money. Next is our overall budget broken down so we can easily see what we have set aside to spend in each area... for example $200 for groceries, and $200 for your car insurance and auto repairs. Next is a list of our debt so we know where we stand and what we can snowball next. NEXT I have subcategories that are sleeves labeled; paystubs, bank statements, insurance, bills, and debt.
(also we use Mint.com its a great and FREE resource!)
8. Projects/ wish list- Here we have blank paper where we can add projects that need to be done and a place where we can add to our wish list easily.
I know that this is a lot of information so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment